We respect that your privacy is important and we value your customer service experience. So we have developed this Policy to ensure you can understand how we collect, use, communicate, disclose and make use of your personal information.
It’s important to note that The Business Room is bound by The Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act), including The Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Privacy Amendment Act) which commenced on 12 March 2014.
Collection of Personal Information
- Whilst there are many aspects of this website which can be viewed without providing any personal information, for access to some features such as downloadable files or to request information you may be required to submit personally identifiable information. This information may include identifying details such as email address, name, home and/or work addresses and mobile and landline telephone numbers. In the process, anonymous demographic information such as postcode, age, gender, preferences, interests and favourites might also be recorded in our database, if provided.
- Whilst The Business Room does not read private messages online, if you voluntarily disclose personal information through our public message media, this information can be obtained and might be used by others.
- We will not be held responsible for the privacy statements or other content on linked sites or associated sites.
- If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
Use of Personal Information
- For each visitor reaching the site, we may collect the following non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing the Site, page access times and referring website address. This collected information is used solely internally for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalized content to you while you are at this Site.
- Your information will only be used to contact you where you have chosen to opt-in to membership areas, newsletters or other offers which may be made from time to time.
- From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future we will use for these new purposes only; data collected only from the time of the policy change forward will adhere to our updated practices.
Sharing of Personal Information
- The Business Room will never sell, rent or lease any acquired information to third parties. We may contact you on behalf of our industry partners regarding offerings that you can benefit from. This way, your personally identifiable information such as email, name, address and telephone number are not transferred to the third party. We may also share this data with trusted associates to help us facilitate statistical analysis, email, customer support, or deliveries. All these associates are prohibited from using your personal details for something else – other than in providing these services mentioned in full confidentiality.
- The Business Room may, however, disclose your personal information without prior notice if required by law or in good faith that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on The Business Room or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of The Business Room; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of thebusinessrm.com.au, or the public.
Accessing Your Personal Information
- You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. The Business Room reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information on a per request basis.
- Phone: 0401 88 66 33
- E-mail: email@example.com